Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shelter Adopters

I meet many people at the shelter, whole families trying to find their great family dog or a young person who just bought a house and wants a dog now that he/she has a yard. But sometimes I meet those special people that find the shelter a difficult place to visit. How many times have you said to yourself, "I can't go to the shelter it's so sad." I've seen people walking through the kennels with tears in their eyes, with sad faces and desperate concern. A woman was about to enter the ladies room and turned her head to me and said "I have diarreah. Every time I come to a shelter I'm so upset I get diarreah." But she didn't leave. When she came out of the bathroom she went back to the kennel and adopted a 4 year old Shih Tzu. Another woman who lost her dog just 2 months earlier was so glad to have someone to talk to about her loss. She came to the shelter to seek some comfort and knowing that adopting dog would save a another life. At times, someone will point out to me that a dog is getting picked on by another dog or a dog whose paw is bleeding, or another who looks so sad. These are brave people. They put aside their feelings of sadness for the sake of the animals. Regardless of the pain they feel, they go to the shelter and adopt.


Go to the Shelter! Adopt a Pet Today
PASS IT ON!

0 comments:

Post a Comment