Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Right Next Door

As a child I witnessed first hand the cruelty imposed on a young defenseless dog right next door to where I lived. A boy would come out of his home and beat his dog over the head with a bat. Everyday I sat by my living room window waiting and watching over this poor dog who was fenced and chained in his backyard. When the boy came out with his bat I'd scream for someone to help. This dog was also severely matted with little food to eat, never going inside his home. He endured severe heat in the summer and intense cold in the winter. Finally someone intervened on his behalf, but sadly, this sweet young dog was euthanized since no other home was readily available. This incident stayed with me all of my life. Now I work daily to help homeless dogs and cats, giving them safe, happy, forever homes.

Save a life - Adopt
PASS IT ON!

0 comments:

Post a Comment