Friday, August 20, 2010

Faith, Hope, Charity

God Bless you Faith, Hope & Charity!



http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=144360&id=100001222719525&ref=notif¬if_t=photo_reply



Faith,Hope,Charity.jpg




My name is Charity. My life began about 6 months ago. I was one of a litter of several and knew nothing of the world or the people in it. I knew my mother and warmth and hunger.

I knew one day something was wrong when I was ripped from my mother with two of my sisters. We were hurt in ways we did not understand and could not make sense of what was wanted or expected of us. You see, we were born American Pit Bull Terriers and those who may not understand; we are a very loyal breed.

We want only to please those who feed and care for us. Ideally, we would be nurtured and our sharp instincts used for wonderful things, like rescuing small children who have wandered away from a campground, or tunneling through debris at a World Trade Center when bad men do horrid things.But I was born into a world that does not understand us. The most decorated Army dog ever was my kind, and now... well... now they want to kill us all I understand. I am not so sure what it is that makes people hate us so. But, basically, we will do what it is we are trained to do. If we are with a kind person, and we learn kindness from an early age, we can be the best friends ever.

I was never aggressive. I never harmed anyone or anything... and neither did my two sisters, Faith and Hope. But because of what we are, bad people like to take us and make us do bad things. And those bad people make a lot of other humans hate us for what we are trained to do. But that is another story, sort of... though that story is the reason why things happened to us as they did. Our birth was brought about by one of those bad people with bad intentions. And the more people hate us, the more those bad people want us and the worse they treat us. And it is ok because we are just “Pit Bulls””. They do not seem to understand that we feel pain, we feel when someone hates us, and we do not want to be hurt. So ... that is the world we were born into, but we did not understand all of that then. We just understood we had been ripped from our mother; we could not eat because we had no teeth; and, worse ... the man who bred us had a teenage son that was doing really bad things to us. I later learned that it was called sexual molestation, sodomy, or bestiality. I just knew that it hurt and I could hear my sisters crying when he would hurt them. Faith was so small and I tried really hard to protect her. I cannot tell you how many times this happened, though it could not have been many or we would not have lived. But it was enough to hurt us. One day the boy was seen hurting us and his father saw what was happening too. He rushed us to this place called the County Animal Shelter. I think we were supposed to be killed there and no one would ever question what happened, because most “Pits” that go into a place like that do not come out alive. But this was a good place with people who did care. The man told them the big dog down the road had “gotten to us.” I guess they figured that is how we got all those bite marks all over our bodies where the other dogs were allowed to hurt us. But they noticed there that we were very, very still, huddled together ... and we would not eat. I was very worried about my sisters. And they seemed to look to me.

Then this woman and man came and got us and took us to a place called The Eagle’s Den. After that, things changed. They call it rescue, and I am glad we were rescued. I wish all of my kind could be, because it gives us a chance. But... anyway... we saw a vet and he sort of guessed at what had happened to us. But the man was not punished, nor his son. All I know is there is something called an investigation into all those bad people and they really want to catch them all. They should. And I hope one day there will be some justice for me and my sisters. But the people will have to work that out because well... we are just dogs. And our story has not ended. Well, mine has, at least there where it hurt every time I went to the bathroom, but where life was so good I did not let on that I was hurting. You see, one day I just felt funny and then I went to sleep. I can remember wet tears on my face as the man and woman held me and I knew they were going to try and save me again. But I was just so tired. After having been in pain for so long, and knowing my sisters were, I just went to sleep and came to a place called Rainbow Bridge. It is very nice here. I have a lot of friends here. There are all kinds of dogs and many of my kind, many that were hurt like I was, and killed. And I can watch over Faith and Hope here.

They have had surgery now to help them. After I came here everyone knew we were not alright. we were scared pups because of all we went through. All we really wanted was a friend and to play and be happy. I am rooting for Faith and Hope now and I watch over them from here. They had the surgery they needed to fix the pain. They may not understand the pain they are in right now, but it will get better now. There are a lot of people upset because of what happened to us. And I am very glad they are upset. If I could tell them anything that would help: make it stop; but not just this man. Make it all stop. Get the people who make laws to write some that will protect us. What happened to us is against the law. That is a fact. But there are no federal laws to help us, and they get away with it time and again. Anyone who wants to see how often this happens, just type the word Canine sexual molestation into your computers and look. But you only see the cases that get reported. And not much happens in those cases. Even when they kill us, not much happens. So if you want to help, if you want it to stop ... there is only one way. Make it illegal all over the United States. Make uniform laws so that all animal abuse carries mandatory sentences. Other countries protect their companion animals. If you guys who have prayed so hard and whose love I feel so strongly want to help ... make it stop. Make them hear you. They have never heard us. Faith’s surgery went really well, even though she was the sickest. Hope had hers today and she is doing ok now. Ironically, Hope may have already been here at Rainbow Bridge, but some of the abuse actually saved her. When they did her surgery, they found a piece of metal in her intestines, surrounded by flesh. It was blocking a tear. They had to cut off a lot more of her intestines than they did Faith’s, but she will be ok now ... I HOPE. That piece of metal stopped poison from spilling into her body at least, even though it did damage, it helped her to stay alive long enough to get the surgery to save her life. I am watching, and I am hoping this will make people wake up and realize what goes on with us when we are bred for all the wrong reasons.

I hope people will stop punishing our breed for what these people do and realize what we go through. I wish they all could be rescued. I wish there was no reason to rescue. There is one more thing I have seen since I came to Rainbow Bridge. All of you are very caring and good people. My sisters were able to have their surgery because people cared enough to help them live. They have a long way to go, but thank you for helping them.I’ll be watching... and one day I will see all of you here at the Bridge; because I am everyone’s dog who had a part in saving my sisters.

Thank You.


CHARITY


If you would like to contribute to help cover the cost of the surgery and aftercare... it would be greatly appreciated and no amount is too small. We appreciate all of your help and support:


http://eaglesdenrescue1.chipin.com/in-me

mory-of-charity



If you would like to help us care for the animals at Eagle's Den, all donations are appreciated, tax deductable and 100% goes to the care of the animals.


Thank You, and thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm

d=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CF7XNPKP9QF

WE



Vet:
Southeastern Veternary Hospital (Donation can be made in general or In Memory of Charity)


910-739-9411

0 comments:

Post a Comment